SP Setia invests in new Semenyih road

Green project: An artist impression of an observation tower in Setia EcoHill 2

SP Setia Bhd is spending on a new road at its township development in Semenyih as it extends the Lekas-EcoHill Link to Setia EcoHill 2, the new project it will officially launch next month.

EcoHill 2 is part of the larger Setia EcoHill township development comprising 1,010 acres in Semenyih.

Executive vice-president Tan Hon Lim said this extension to EcoHill 2 involved an additional RM50mil on top of the RM80mil investment on the Lekas-EcoHill Link. The infrastructure would help to reduce congestion along Jalan Semenyih, Tan said.

Construction for the 3-km dual carriageway link road to connect EcoHill 2 commenced in April this year.

Tan was speaking at the launch of EcoHill 2 show village yesterday. The show village will be open to the public from tomorrow onwards.

The property developer will be launching EcoHill 2 township in June on a 10:90 structure. Purchasers need only to pay a 10% downpayment and the remaining 90% when the property is completed.

This is the second project launched by the developer under a hybrid of a build-then-sell scheme. A week ago, it launched Setia Eco Templer near Rawang under the same payment structure.

Tan said this payment structure offers “greater financial flexibility” and “freedom of up to three years” for buyers.

The Setia EcoHill brand was first launched in 2013, with EcoHill 1 enjoying good take-up rates, Tan said.

“We are anticipating the launch of EcoHill 2. It will be our flagship launch this year,” said Tan.

A total of 354 units, comprising 258 units of double storey terrace houses and 96 units of semi-detached units, will be launched in its first phase.

About half of the 1,010 acres will be dedicated to landscaping and infrastructure, 38% for residential and the remaining 11% for commercial properties, said Tan.

EcoHill 2, with a gross development value of RM5 bil, will have eight themed gardens. It will be natured-inspired and the natural undulating grounds will be maintained. Tan said more than 80 acres will be reserved as park land.

“EcoHill 2 will embody the best of our LiveLearnWorkPlay philosophy,” said Tan. Construction is targeted to begin in July 2016. The units are expected to be completed in 2018. Prices range from RM553,000 to RM668,000. - The Star